Designed and built by the same people who have designed and engineered racing performance from Formula One Racing to Le Mans 24h for over 40 years.
Massive Performance, no emissions. The green heart of the electric motorcycle is a synchronous oil-cooled motor with permanent magnets. It has 100kW (136 hp c.ca) of instantaneous power reaching from 4900 rpm to 10500 rpm and a torque of 195 Nm ranging from 0 rpm to 4700 rpm.
Energica Ego accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds to reach a top speed of 150 mph with a vigorous thrust that does not make you miss the drops in the engine speed by the constant shifting of the classic internal combustion engines – making the electric superbike faster than a 600 supersport.
The bona fide brain of the Energica Ego is the sophisticated Vehicle Control Unit.
Unlike other vehicles where the control units work separately on all controllers, the Ego’s battery, inverter, charger and ABS are constantly monitored and managed by one technological jewel: the VCU, completely designed and developed by Energica. The state-of-the-art VCU implements a multi-map adaptive energy, and a power management algorithm manages the electric motorcycle. Carefully monitoring and adjusting the motor’s power according to the throttle thrust 100 times per second while riding.
Energica Ego does not have a gearbox or a clutch. Everything is regulated by the ride-by-wire system, allowing you to control the acceleration torque of the motor and deceleration based on the regenerative torque or engine braking. A coasting feature is provided thanks to a “neutral” position between acceleration and regeneration.
Energica Ego is also equipped with a “PARK ASSISTANT” in order to facilitate parking and maneuvers on slopes or into rush traffic. The VCU limits both the speed and the torque of the vehicle. The PARK ASSISTANT works back and forth (reverse mode) with maximum speed 1.74 Miles/hour (mph) and maximum torque 50Nm.
Energica Ego braking system is by Brembo and the ABS system is by Bosch. The latest generation ABS BOSCH on Energica Ego not only prevents the wheels from locking but is equipped with rear-wheel lift- up mitigation system that prevents overturn during emergency braking.
The electric motorcycle Energica EGO has a digital dashboard from COBO TFT with an active matrix of 4.3 inches and color display.
The connectivity for the electric motorcycle is supported by Bluetooth (short range) and UMTS long range technology (in progress, available by the end of 2016), allowing you to connect your vehicle to your smartphone, tablet or simply to your home computer via the Internet.
Energica Ego can be recharged through the columns in the outdoor charging stations or at home, equipped with an onboard battery charger with a cable interface on the charging station or remotely via Bluetooth connectivity. (GPRS from 2016)
Type: Permanent Magnet AC, Oil Cooled
- Max speed: Limited at 240 km/h
- Torque: 195 Nm from 0 to 4700 rpm
- Riding modes:
– 4 Riding Modes: Standard, Eco, Rain, Sport*
– 4 Regenerative Maps: Low, Medium, High, Off
- Park assistant: Back and Forth (1.74 mph Max Speed)
- Capacity: 11.7 kWh
- Life: 1200 Cycles @ 80% Capacity (100% DOD)
- Warranty: 3 years / 50.000 km
- Recharge: 3.5 h (0-100% Soc) Mode 2 or 3 Charge, 30 min (0-85% Soc) Mode 4 Dc Fast Charge*
- Front wheel: Cast Aluminum 3.5” x 17”
- Rear wheel: Cast Aluminum 5.5” x 17”
- Front tyre: 120/70 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Rear tyre: 180/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Frame: Steel Tubular Trellis
- Swingarm: Cast Aluminum
- Front suspension: Marzocchi Ø43 mm, Adjustable Rebound and Compression Damping, Spring Preload
- Rear mono: Bitubo Rear Mono Shock Adjustable Rebound, Spring Preload
- Chain: (16/44) 525 O-Ring Chain
- ABS: Bosch Switchable
- Front brake: Brembo, Double Floating Discs, Ø330 mm, 4 Pistons Radial Calipers
- Rear brake: Brembo, Single Disc, Ø240 mm, 2 Piston Caliper
Vehicle control unit
A Vehicle Control Unit implementing a multi-map adaptive energy and power management algorithm manages the vehicle. It constantly monitors batteries, even in key off position
- 4.3” Wqvga 480×272 TFT Color Display with internal memory for datalogging, integrated GPS receiver and Bluetooth communication 16.7 ml colors
- 9 Warning Lights
- 6 + 6 Current Consumption Lights
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Real Time Clock
- GPS 10Hz
Short Range Connectivity: Bluetooth Low Energy
Onboard, [110-220]V [50-60]Hz, 3 kW.
Conforms to Standards SAE J1772 and IEC 62196-2 with pilot signal for charging station interface LPR (Long Period Rest) Function.
Allows the maintenance and automatic balancing of the batteries during long period of non use.
- Matte Black
- Lunar White
Materials: Carbon fiber
- Seat height: 795 mm
- Wheelbase: 1465 mm
- Length: 2140 mm
- Height: 1220 mm
- Width: 870 mm
This data sheet is provided for reference only. Energica Motor Company reserves the right to substitute or change components.
Technical features under development may change or be implemented after vehicle purchasing with no additional costs.
Source & pictures: Energica Motor Company