ME is the first scooter made of sheet moulding compound SMC. SMC is a lightweight material, already used for some components in the automotive industry, but so far never for a scooter structure. Our research has sought to reduce the overall weight of the Me through the study of a lightweight frame. The result is the patent of a new frame in Sheet Moulding Compound (SMC). Sheet Moulding Compound is a thermosetting material in sheets made from glass fibres, mineral fillers, pigments and unsaturated polyester resins, obtained by grafting strands of glass fibres cut on a layer of polyester resin.
“The project team I worked with had in mind to make an aesthetic object that is functional, innovative, ethical, industrial and personal. I condensed these concepts in the lines of the Me scooter” Sergio Mori – Designer
- It offers a considerable performance-to-weight ratio compared to other commonly used materials
- High mechanical and thermal resistance
- High dielectric strength
- Self-extinguishing and total absence of halogens
- Low specific weight
- Great dimensional stability
- Excelent resistance to the corrosive actions of atmospheric and chemical agents
- Big customizable design
For all ages
- For those who live in large urban centres with limited traffic areas, but also in small towns or in the countryside, to move around without having to use the car.
- For those who do not want to spend money on petrol.
- For modern, efficient corporate fleets, which will not go unnoticed.
- For ethical and farsighted local authorities.
- To go to work, to school, to shop, to meet up with friends.
- On old city centre streets or on the seafront: the scooter does not pollute, makes no noise and looks nice.
- Seat height 780 mm
- Length 1810 mm
- Heigth 1310 mm
- Width 665 mm
- Weight with battery 90 kg
- Weight without battery 76 kg
- Gross vehicle weight GVW 250 kg
- Category L1
- Engine type Electric
- Power 1,5 kw
- Full speed 45 Km/h
- Acceleration 0-30 km/h 3″
- Battery 90 + 10 km
- Regenerative bracking average battery life increase 10%
- Battery Li-ion
- Capacity 2,16 Kwh
- Battery voltage 48v
- Charging mode socket on the scooter with dedicated charging cable or directly to the battery
- Endurance 80 km + 10 recovery
- Charging time 220v 8h 100% – 6h 70%
- Battery weight 11 kg
- Transmission Hub wheel
- Frame SMC
- Front fork bracket steel
- Rear fork bracket steel
- Wheelbase 1310 mm
- Rims alloy rims
- Front rim dimension 12″
- Rear rim dimension 12″
- Front tyre 120/70-12″
- Rear tyre 120/70-12″
- Front brake single brake disc diam. 180 mm floating caliper
- Rear brake single brake disc diam. 190 mm floating caliper
is the company brought to life by the working team that began the adventure of the Me scooter. It was formally established in 2013.
- Scalvenzi Società Cooperativa
- Rossa – Communication Agency
- Vehicle Engineering & Design
The headquarters are located in Franciacorta, in the creative workshop-farmstead of the Communication Agency Rossa.
Another operational headquarters is located in Pontevico, at Scalvenzi.
Source & pictures: Me Group