Source: Rottwellmeyer website | The bike is at a final prototyping stage, and the company Rottwellmeyer is able to start with the production, but they want to optimize the process to start mass production.
Today, Rottwellmeyer is excited to present this crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo, hoping to reach their goal and to increase their production. To achieve this, they are offering a pre-sale perk, with a big discount for those contributors who will push their project to a higher level.
The design of the “Rottwellmeyer Otto” is inspired by the timeless mopeds of the 60’s and 70’s and the refined attributes seen in the motorcycles of World War II. With their knowledge in aeronautics the team aims to use high technology products and systems utilizing composite to develop their moped.
The Otto is a road legal bike and contains EPA Regulations for Usa / ECC and L1E for Europe. All tests are done with good results, and they are about to finish all documents needed.
- Type of vehicle: Electric Moped (L1E)
- Frame: Monocoque composite carbon reinforcement
- Engine: 3KW electric brushless hub motor
- Battery: Lithium-Ion 58,8 Volts | 27,2 Ah /1,6 KWh
- Range: 71-120 Km
- Max speed: 45 km/h*
- Weight: 38 Kg
- Wheel base: 1300 mm
- Seat height: 780 mm
- Wheels: 18” x 3,25”
- Lights: Front and rear LED lights
* Limited in L1E accordance, 58 km/h in “no road legal mode”
The team is continuously working on upgrade for some specs, to improve more quality:
- Rear motorbike hydraulic disc brake
- Front oversized drum brake
- Removable Battery Pack
- USB charger for accessories