Source: press release STILRIDE | Back in November 2020, THE PACK reported on the team of STILRIDE. Today, they’ve released the price tag and final design of the first electric motorcycle now called the STILRIDE 1.
The STILRIDE 1 will be priced at €15,000 with each individual bike custom-crafted and made-to-order at their Stockholm workshop for delivery in 2024. The first series of bikes is being called the “Limited Founders Edition”; these motorcycles will come numbered and boast black fenders and black details.
An official release date for the STILRIDE 1 will be announced this summer, offering early access to shareholders and members of their community to place orders on a “Limited Founders Edition” model this spring. Those who would like more information can find it on the STILRIDE website.
In addition to the new images, STILRIDE has revealed updated design and technology changes for the STILRIDE 1 that focus on optimizing rider experience and ecologically sustainable manufacturing.
“The STILRIDE 1 is the culmination of many years’ ambition, passion and experimentation, distilled into a deliciously unconventional lightweight electric motorcycle that isn’t only a feat of engineering, but a work of art. It has been designed for both the motorcycle enthusiast and the design and sustainability purist. We can’t wait for our first customers to experience the pure joy of our ride and join us in setting a new gold standard for sustainable electromobility.” says Tue Beijer, CTO and co-founder at STILRIDE.
The final design updates include:
- Chassis: The ultra-lightweight chassis has been optimised using STILRIDE’s “industrial origami” STILFOLD technology to make it even sleeker than in the original prototype. The chassis is made from recycled Swedish steel.
- Saddle: The saddle now boasts an even more streamlined design compared to the original prototype. It features soft padding and suspension for ergonomic comfort.
- Brakes: The STILRIDE 1’s braking system is co-developed with ISR: a world-leading brake provider based in Sweden. The master cylinder is integrated into the handlebar to provide a clean look. The motorcycle will have ABS (anti-lock braking system) provided by Continental.
- Rear suspension: Single shock absorber and multi-link system.
- Motor: Premium HUB motor system.
- Craftsmanship: The STILRIDE 1 will be made-to-order in STILRIDE’s Stockholm-based pilot production facility. The “Limited Founders Edition” motorcycle will have a stainless steel chassis and black details.
- Connectivity: The STILRIDE 1’s bespoke Electric Vehicle Control Unit (eVCU) will power a number of features via a STILCONTROL app. The app will provide riders with theft protection, geographical positioning, service diagnostics and battery status control.
Previous post(s) about STILRIDE: