Source: press release UBCO | The 2X2 Special Edition offers fun, adventure-focused transport and connects the rider to their adventurous side, helping them find and experience their own extraordinary moments. The bike is now available in a limited edition green and electric orange color palette.
The Special Edition is accessorized ready-to-go and carefully crafted to provide a comfortable, yet tough and durable adventure riding experience whether running essential errands or tackling the great outdoors. The SE design presents a more contemporary version of its classic utilitarian style bikes not yet seen in the UBCO range. In addition to its unique 2X2 capabilities and the fresh design, key features include:
- A revitalized braking system: a newly designed braking system with motorcycle-grade braking pads and more substantial brake levers.
- A built-in central tote: central tote that allows convenient, throw-and-go access to everyday items.
- Compact rear duffle: robust rear duffle designed to carry small to extra-large items on the go.
- Expandable compartments: duffle side pockets lay flat, perfect for laptop books, or pizzas.
- Peak Design phone mount: vibration protected, and featuring magnetic locking technology to enable one-handed phone attachment and removal.
- Giant Loop straps: multi-purpose tough pronghorn stretch straps that provide full flexibility to attach and carry items.
“We’re all about making adventure more accessible, opening up powersports to more people than ever before. Here we combine proven off-road toughness with added style and functionality to bridge the gap between the great outdoors and everyday life” says Colin Godby, Chief Product Officer. “The idea is to introduce more urbanites to exploring off the beaten track, while providing a bike that seamlessly crosses both worlds, whether everyday errands, hitting the gym, commuting, surfing, or outdoor adventures. We’re excited to see how our Special Edition can help this movement.”
UBCO’s All-Wheel Drive (AWD) bikes and batteries have been designed and created in New Zealand with the environment in mind. These products are built to last and can be refurbished and recycled when needed. UBCO is also developing alternative, eco-friendly battery chemistries to ensure a responsible EV future. Test rides are available for those who want to see the bikes in action, which can be booked through a dealer, office, or upcoming event. Starting from February 23, customers can purchase the UBCO Special Edition for $6,999 (€7,999) inclusive of tax on UBCO’s website or at any UBCO dealer with a range of financing options.
More pictures and technical specifications at: