Unlike regular scooters that are based on iron frames, EXO Neutrino is built around an aluminium body. This makes the bike exceptionally rigid and light, greatly improving acceleration, cornering and braking abilities. EXO is the first manufacturer in the world to apply this technology on a scooter.
EXO Neutrino has a fully adjustable suspension and high performance hydraulic disc brakes both in front and rear. Wide handlebars, authentic motocross seat and foot pegs positioned right under the rider’s centre of gravity result in a motocross-style riding position.
High performance controller
The controller determines throttle responsiveness, how power is allocated and other aspects of dynamics. Most electric scooters that are built around standard controllers lack customisability and try to conform with a range of entirely different bikes. EXO builds the controllers in-house to make Neutrino nimble and agile.
High RPM engine
Electric motors are more efficient and powerful on higher RPMs. Neutrino’s brushless motor does 5000 RPM, while direct drive hub motors widely used on electric scooters are limited to 200 RPM. While low RPM motors need a second or two to pick up steam, Neutrino can start explosively.
Connected smart bike
Neutrino connects to your Android smartphone (iOS support early 2017) via Bluetooth, enabling a number of unique features:
- displays route data such as current expected range and energy expenditure
- battery status
- route planning (navigation) based on battery level
- vehicle diagnostics and firmware upgrades
Braking energy is stored in the battery for later use. In addition to an increased range and less frequent brake pad replacement, regenerative braking also makes slowing down smoother. In order to appreciate it, you first need to experience it 🙂
Charge your smartphone and other devices while on the go.
Neutrino has bright and energy efficient LED lights, with the headlamp being the only exception. Once EU regulation allows to use LED-s in scooters’ headlamps, we will offer a retrofit conversion pack.
Magnetic charging connector
It’s the small things that make the difference. Neutrino’s charging cable attaches to the bike magnetically, with a gratifying thump.
- Maximum speed 45 km/h
- Acceleration 0-45 km/h in ca. 6 sec
- Range 40-80 km
- Brakes: front hydraulic disc brake
- Brakes: rear hydraulic disc brake and regenerative braking
- Tires: 12 inches front and rear
- Front fork: Adjustable hydraulic suspension
- Rear suspension: Adjustable hydraulic suspension
- Frame: Welded aluminum
BATTERY AND ELECTRONICS
- Type LiFePO4, Lithium iron phosphate
- Capacity: 30 Ah (1,5 kWh) or 42Ah (2 kWh)
- Nominal voltage: 48V, Cell voltage 3.2V, 16 Cell series system
- Charging time, standard charger 8-10 hours, 4A charger
- Charging time, fast charger 2,5-4 hours, 10A charger
- Expected life: 50 000 km to 80% capacity
- Built in information display Speed, battery state, odometer
- Smartphone compatibility: 5V USB charging, Bluetooth data transfer
- Motor: Brushless DC, outer rotor, neodymium magnets, 2 kg
- Motor power: Nominal 2.0 kW, maximum 3.8 kW
- Weight: 76 kg (incl. batteries)
- Wheelbase: 1078 mm
- Length: 1520 mm
- Seat height: 775 mm
- No. of storages 1
- Carrying capacity: 130 kg
Exo is one of the very few electric two-wheelers that are actually being built in Europe. Exo is a trademark of an Estonian industrial manufacturing company AS Favor. Established in 1990, the company is the leading metal processor in Estonia, with factory premises spanning over 9000 sqm-s and a staff of more than 160.
Favor’s area of expertise is manufacturing components for trains, high power electric grids and other applications where quality control, reliability and precision are of crucial importance. Exo is bringing the same industrial grade quality levels to electric scooters.
Exo’s business, design and engineering teams consist largely of experienced motorcyclists. The relentless attention to handling, control and agility has enabled us to present what we believe to be the sportiest, best handling electric scooter available today.
Exo / Favor
Exo Factory in Estonia
Vana-Narva maantee 30/1, Maardu, 74114 Estonia