The Italian brand Tacita launches the 2018 model T-Race Enduro that’s designed for maximum fun practicing enduro. Powerful, aggressive and sharp. Because of its incredibly agile nature this model is perfect for the hardest mountains tracks and toughest off-road terrains. Faithful to the Italian design, synonymous of style, this electric motorcycle is also ideal for an every day use in the city, to commute from home to the office or to just stroll around in the evening.
Continuity and innovation
Strong of four-year presence on the market, the 2018 models have been radically improved: the power train, the controller, the clutch and the batteries are new. The Tacita® T-Race Enduro is lighter and agile. Whereas the chassis, appreciated by motorcyclists from all over Europe since its first edition, remains unchanged.
The new 9 kWh battery pack
The new Tacita® T-Race maintains the same weight and volume but doubles the range and covers 100 km (3 hours) of off-road tracks.
The new power train
Developed exclusively for Tacita®, the new power train offers a greater efficiency and driving pleasure. The 2018 version has been improved in all its parts and the final result is great in terms of weigh reduction too: 12 kg less for the 11 and 27 kW engine, 7 kilos less for the 34 kW power unit.
The balance between power, torque and traction remains one of the strongest point of Tacita® T-Race Enduro. The new engine has a better response to intermediate and high revs to deliver the highest riding pleasure and it offers an even more exciting sound for the rider. The 5-speed transmission with the renewed ratio of the first gear allows you to have always the best output in eco or power mode.
“Lighter and agile, the 2018 Tacita® T-Race Enduro is the ultimate fun machine”.
The new controller
Tacita® T-Race presents a completely new controller and a new hardware.
The new clutch
The clutch has been further improved and is lighter compared to the previous version.
The new integrated battery charger
The Tacita® T-Race Enduro 2018 is equipped with an integrated battery charger to be able to fill up on energy from any outlet during trips or in the everyday use. During off-road rides you can take advantage of the lunch break to recharge the batteries from any power plug even for domestic use sockets.
As in all Tacita® motorcycles there is a reserve function, which allows to ride for other 10 kms at reduced speed to reach the nearest electrical outlet, when the batteries are close to 10% of remaining charge.
Two maps: Eco and Power
The T-Race Enduro 2018 maintains the eco and power maps of the engine along with the engine brake engaged or disengaged, both selectable while driving. Eco is ideal for maximizing “fuel” efficiency and traction on slippery terrains, while Power is dedicated to brilliant riding. When the engine brake is disengaged, the bike will sail, while – when the engine brake is engaged, the regenerative effect is obtained at the simple release of the throttle, ride by wire, and greater safety even on longer and more demanding descents.
The T-Race Enduro maintains the single-shell frame split in chrome-molybdenum, a guarantee of resistance and flexibility even in the most extreme use. The centralization of the masses, obtained by withdrawing the electric motor positioning by 20 mm, contributes to the excellent handling, even at low speed.
Tacita® T-race Enduro is available in the 34 kW version with 85 N m of torque and the 27 kW version with 60 N m. For the holders of a car driving licence it is available also the 11 kW version.
The lines of the new T-Race were imagined following the logo lightning of Tacita along the path of the upper bodywork of the bike.
The colours of the new T-Race are red / black and full kevlar / carbon.
Prices starting from € 14,098 ex works VAT, roadside and local taxes excluded.
- Electric motor: PMAC
- Mappings: Eco and Sport
- Transmission: 5 speed gearbox with hydraulic clutch with Brembo master cylinder
- Cooling system: liquid type, with circuits for electric motor and controller
- Traction battery: LI-PO Lythium Polymer battery 8,705 kWh
- Battery life: 185.000 km or over 2000 cycles to 80% initial capacity.
- Batteries warranty: five years
- Max power: 34 kW optional motor with 85 N m , 27 kW standard motor with 60 N m torque or 11 kW with 60 N m for car licence drivers
- Max rpm: 8000
- Wheel base: 1490 mm
- Chassis: single-shell frame split in chrome-molybdenum
- Ground clearance: 330 mm
- Front suspension: upside-down Mupo telescopic hydraulic fork with advanced axle 45 mm diameter; 300 mm travel
- Rear suspension: pregressive link with Ohlins fully adjustable suspension unit; 280 mm travel
- Front wheel: 1.60 x 21″ – tyre 90/90-21
- Front brake: floating disk 300 mm diameter with Brembo calyper and master cylinder
- Rear wheel: 2.15 x 18″ tyre 140/80-18
- Rear brake: 220 mm with Brembo calyper
- Regenerative braking: 2 maps of engine brake. No engine brake (2-stroke engine style) and regenerative braking (4-stroke engine style)
- Reverse: finally the reverse for the offroad (and city) use !!! Easy to maneuver in every situation.
- Body: fiberglass or optional Kevlar/carbon
- Range: 100 km estimated riding offroad recreational trail + reserve power
- Reserve Power: automatically activated at 10% of remaining charge, reducing performance to reach the nearest charging point.
- Charger: integrated on-board 10A to be used with standard sockets or offboard for racing use.
- Charging time: 4 hours from “reserve power” level to 80% at 220 V with the on-board charger from any socket, 40 min with the offboard max charging power.
More info: http://www.tacita.it/